- Net sales increased 21.7% to $277.9 million versus $228.4 million last year.
- Gross margin improved 420 basis points to 47.1% versus 42.9% a year ago.
- Diluted EPS increased 24.4% to $1.07 compared to $0.86 a year ago. The Company completed a three-for-one stock split, in the form of a stock dividend paid on July 2, 2010. All share and per share data in this release and accompanying tables have been adjusted to reflect the impact of such split for all periods presented.
- UGG® brand sales increased 20.2 % to $255.8 million versus $212.8 million last year.
- Teva® brand sales increased 51.7% to $13.7 million compared to $9.0 million a year ago.
- International sales increased 48.2% to $73.2 million versus $49.4 million last year.
- Retail sales increased 63.3% to $20.2 million compared to $12.3 million last year; same store sales rose 17.9%.
Based on better than expected third quarter results combined with higher projected sales for the UGG and Teva brands, the company is raising its full-year outlook.
- The company is expecting its full-year revenue to increase by 16% over 2009 level compared to 14% guided earlier. That comes up to $943.23 million. The average estimate by analysts is $941.41 million with a range from $931.34 to 977.7 million
- The company now expects its full-year diluted EPSto increase approximately 22% over the non-GAAP diluted EPS of $2.98 in 2009, compared to previous guidance of approximately 16%. That comes up to $3.64. As of 10/28/2010, the average estimate by analysts is $3.52 with a range from $3.46 to 3.60.
- A caveat lies in the 4th quarter guidance. The company does not change the 4th quarter guidance. It expects the 4th quarter revenue to be 8% over 2009 level. That comes up to $375.83. The average estimate by abalysts is $375.72 million with a range between $347.99 and 411.10 milion
Source: Deckers Outdoor Corporation, finance.yahoo.com and author's own calculation